National Pension System (NPS) is the scheme for the old age people to provide them financial security and stability. The old people have not enough energy to earn money and that’s why they do not have any regular source of income. The government has implemented this plan so, that the old age people can also live with pride and they do not need to compromise with their standard of living. This NPS scheme is regulated by the Pension fund regulatory and development authority that us PFRDA. Through NPS the government access two personal accounts.
Tire l account: in this account, your money will be saved for the retirement and you can not withdraw single rupees before retirement.
Tire 2 Account: this is one of the simple accounts where you can withdraw money for personal and daily use.
How to Join NPS via Presence – Service Provider (POP-SP)
- Procure your Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRAN) application form
“As a Subscriber between the age brackets of 18 to 60 years of age, you can procure your PRAN application form from any of the Point of Presence – Service Providers (POP-SP) you wish to register with. You can also procure the PRAN application form from our website by clicking here.”
- “You have to ensure that your PRAN application form is filled up i.e. photograph, signature, mandatory details, scheme preference details etc and also submit KYC documentation with respect to proof of identity and proof of address. For detailed information on NPS, please refer to the offer document prescribed by the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA).”
- Submit PRAN application form to your nearest Point Of Presence – Service Provider (POP-SP)
You can go to your nearest POP-SP and submit the PRAN application along with the KYC documents. PRAN card will be sent to your correspondence address by CRA.
- Track your PRAN application
At the time of submission of the PRAN application, POP-SP shall give you a receipt number. You can track the status of your PRAN application by entering the receipt number in the following link: https://cra-nsdl.com/CRA/pranCardStatusInput.do
- Submit your first Contribution Slip
You are required to make your first contribution (minimum of Rs 500) at the time of applying for registration to any POP-SP. For this, you will have to submit NCIS (Instruction Slip) mentioning the details of the payment made towards your PRAN account.
Join NPS via eNPS Online
Any individual can open a pension account under NPS through eNPS using one of the following
Option 1 – Registration using Aadhaar
1. You must have an ‘Aadhaar number’ (with a mobile number registered with Aadhaar).
2. Your KYC in NPS will be done using Aadhaar through One Time Password (OTP) authentication.
3. OTP for the purpose of authentication will be sent to the mobile number registered with the Aadhaar.
4. Your demographic details and photo will be fetched from Aadhaar database and populated in online form.
5. You need to fill up all the mandatory details online.
6. You would be required to upload your scanned signature (in *.jpeg/*.jpg format having file size between 4kb – 12kb) as part of the registration process.
7. In case, you wish to replace the photo obtained from Aadhaar, you may upload a scanned photograph.
8. You will be routed to a payment gateway for making the payment towards your NPS account from Debit/ Credit card or Internet Banking.
Option 2 – Registration using PAN (KYC verification by Bank)
1. You must have a ‘Permanent Account Number’ (PAN).
2. Bank account with the empanelled Bank for KYC verification for subscriber registration through eNPS.
3. Your KYC verification will be done by the Bank selected by you during the registration process.Name and address provided during registration should match with bank records for KYC verification. If the detail don’t match, the request is liable for rejection. In case of rejection of KYC by the selected Bank, applicant is requested to contact the Bank.
4. You need to fill up all the mandatory details online.
5. You need to upload your scanned photograph and signature in *.jpeg/*.jpg format having file size between 4kb – 12kb.
6. You will be routed to a payment gateway for making the payment towards your NPS account from Internet Banking.
In addition, NRI subscribers should,
1. Select the Bank Account Status i.e., Non-Repatriable account or Repatriable account .
2. Provide the NRE/NRO bank account details and upload scanned copy of passport.
3. Select the preferred address for communication i.e., Overseas Address or Permanent Address (communication at overseas address would entail extra charges).
After Permanent Retirement Account Number (PRAN) is allotted, subscriber can use one of the following options:
Option 1 – eSign
1. For Tier I PRANs generated through Aadhaar, you have option to eSign the document by following the below mentioned steps:
2. Select ‘eSign’ option in the eSign / Print & Courier page
3. OTP for the purpose of authentication will be sent to your mobile number registered with the Aadhaar
4. After Authentication of Aadhaar, Registration form will be successfully eSigned
5. Once a document is eSigned, you need not send the physical copy of form to CRA
6. eSign charge ₹ 5 plus service tax
Option 2 – Print and Courier
1. Select ‘Print & Courier’ option in the eSign / Print & Courier page
2. You need to take a printout of the form, paste your photograph (please do not sign across the photograph) & affix signature
3. You should sign on the block provided for signature
4. The photograph should not be stapled or clipped to the form
5. The form should be sent within 90 days from the date of allotment of PRAN to CRA at the following address or else the PRAN will be ‘frozen’ temporarily:
Central Recordkeeping Agency (eNPS)
NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited,
1st Floor, Times Tower, Kamala Mills Compound, Senapati Bapat Marg
Lower Parel, Mumbai – 400 013