Odisha government has introduced an Odisha Free Laptop Scheme for visual impairment students. The Social and welfare department of the Odisha state acts as the nodal agency of this Yojana. The visual impairment students who are pursuing a professional degree or senior secondary class get free laptops and JAW Software. This Yojana gives benefits to the physically handicapped students. The citizens of Odisha can check all the details related to the Odisha free laptop schemes in this article.
Students can apply online on the Odisha SSEPD Portal website. The Odisha Government proved a full laptop amount for these students so that they can buy a laptop with this money. Only visual impairment (VI) students are eligible for this scheme. Right now, more than 300 students already take benefits from this scheme. So, Students who are pursuing professional courses can apply online for Free Laptop Scheme.
Odisha Free Laptop Scheme
The VI students who are pursuing their study, are facing so many issues. The Odisha government tires to make their way more comfortable so that they can study well. The SSEPD department gives one laptop, voice recorder, and JAW Software. This scheme is only available for VI students only. The student doesn't need to pay any amount for laptops and software.
Laptop and Smartphone play an essential role in education, so it is compulsory to have laptops and internet connection to every student. The visual impairment students facing lots of issues during the study. So, This Yojana helps to increase education in the VI students. The state government is going to distribute free laptops to every VI student to increase the education level in Odisha.
|Name of the scheme||Odisha Free Laptop Distribution Scheme|
|Department name||Department of social security and empowerment a person with a disability|
|Government||State Government of the Odisha|
|Launching year||January 2018|
|Mode of application||Online|
|Type of scheme||Odisha Government PWD Scheme|
|Beneficiary||Visual Impairment Students|
Odisha Laptop Scheme Eligibility
If a VI student wants to get free laptops through this Yojana, then they need to check the following eligibility criteria:
- Only Odisha Students can apply for this scheme.
- The visual impairment students can apply for this scheme.
- Students must study in the 12th or higher class.
Required document for Free Laptop Distribution
The candidate will need some certificates while the registration of the Odisha Free laptop scheme and those are:
- 12th or above class passed Certificate.
- PWD Certificate
- Domicile certificate of Odisha
- Voter ID card
- Aadhar card
- Xerox of bank passbook
- Current Class Studying Proof.
Odisha Free Laptop Scheme Apply Online
If a VI student want to apply for the laptop scheme, then follow the procedure below:
- First of all, you have to visit the official website of SSEPD Portal.
- Here you have to click on the "Laptop for VI Students". it takes you to the next page.
- You have to select on the "new application" and click on the proceed button. It takes you to the free laptop application page.
- Now, you have to enter your name, father name, Address, Dob, Age, gender and mobile. After that, you have to enter Name of the Institute, Course and Year of Study.
- After that, you have to select the disability type and ente disability percengate.
- Now, you have to upload your Aadhaar scan copy and Disability certifcate. Select Yes or no for received laptop earlier.
- So now, click on the checkbox of Undertaking and submit button.
- Finally, you have successfully applied for Free Laptop Scheme.
Free Laptop Scheme Application Status
- First of all, you have to visit the official portal of the Odisha Pension.
- Here you have to click on the "Pension Scheme" button. it takes you to the next page.
- So now, you have to select the "Free Laptop Distribution" and click on the track button. it takes you the application track page.
- Now, enter the application number and click on the search button. The portal will display status of your free laptop application on your screen. you can also take print out if you want to.
Odisha Free Laptop Scheme Apply Offline
- First of all, you have to go to the office of a block development officer or municipality.
- Here you have to get Odisha Free laptop application form of this Yojana from concern authority
- So now, you have to fill the form and attach necessary documents with passport size photograph and then submit into the same office. The department will verify your application and documents.
- After that, the department will send laptop and voice recorder to your school. The school principal gives you laptop.
If you have any queries related to Odisha Free Laptop Distribution Yojana, then you can contact at email: email@example.com
Helpline number: 1800 345 7150