Tamil Nadu Govt has launched Amma Two Wheeler Scheme for working women. This scheme is especially for empowering working women by enabling them to purchase women friendly two wheelers to ease their commute. Each year one lakh working women will be benefited through this scheme.
A maximum subsidy of 50% of the cost of the two wheeler or Rs.25,000/, whichever is less, will be provided. , to purchase a brand new motorized gearless / auto-geared two wheeler whose engine capacity should not exceed 125cc. The balance cost, over and above the subsidy amount, has to be borne by the beneficiary through a bank/institutional loan or through her own fund
Eligible Beneficiaries under the Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
- Women registered as workers in the Organized and Unorganized sectors
- Women employed in Shops and Establishments.
- Self-employed women involved in petty trades or otherwise.
- should be in the age group of 18 to 40 years and should know driving and possess a valid Two Wheeler / Learner License Registration (LLR) at the time of applying
- The annual income of the beneficiary should not exceed Rs.2,50,000
- Should have appeared for the class 8th examination
How to Apply for Amma Two Wheeler Scheme
- Applications will be made available at all Block Offices, Urban Local Body offices, and the Collectorates free of cost to the applicant
- The application forms will be filled and submitted to the respective Block offices / Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) either in person or by Speed/Registered Post. Each of the Block offices for rural areas / ULBs for urban areas must open one or more designated counters as required for receiving the filled-in applications from 10.00 am to 5.00 pm on all working days.
- The filled in Application forms can be submitted either in person or by Registered/ Speed Post.
Documents Required for Amma Two Wheeler Application Form
- Proof for Age (18 to 40) / Date of birth
- Proof for Residence ( EPIC card, Driving License, Aadhar Card, Utility Bills etc., in the Applicant’s name)
- Driving License / Learner License Registration (LLR) issued by competent authority
- Income Certificate issued by Employer / Self Certification v. Proof of Employment issued by the Employer/Organization/Project Head/Society in case of Wage / Salaried employment.
- Aadhaar card. vii. Proof of Educational Qualification / Appearance for VIII standard exam (Transfer Certificate, SSLC etc.,)
- Passport size photograph.
- Proof to establish membership of priority category, wherever applicable.
- Community Certificate (in case of SC/ST category).
- Differently Abled Identity Card issued by competent authority.
- Quotation/Pro-forma invoice of the vehicle.
|Name of the scheme||Amma Two Wheeler Scheme|
|Inaugurated by||O. Panneerselvam|
|Announced on||January 2018|
|Implementation date||Feb 2019|
|Target beneficiaries||Working Women|
|Allowance||50% subsidy on loan for buying two wheeler|