Tamilnadu State government has launched a TNPDS Smart ration card. The government changes this ration card into a digital ration card, so the beneficiary needs to link their Aadhar card with their ration card. The department of the ministry of food supply and consumer protection has started the scheme in the state of TamilNadu. Digital ration cards help to change our address very quickly. You can also show the edit name of the head of the family according to the requirement.
BPL ration card is also known as a White ration card which is made especially for the below poverty line people. The people who hold BPL ration cards are eligible to get the benefit of buying low price groceries.
APL ration card age not for the below poverty line it is only for the above poverty line. The APL cardholder also gets the grocery at low cost but not cheap as compared to BPL ration cardholder.
This ration card only for the poor family full live under BPL families. The card is in red or pink, groceries provided to the AAY cardholder in the very lowest amount.
Now, you can apply for a new ration card online and offline. To apply for a ration card online, you have to visit the official website of state government. There you have to fill the ration card application form and upload all required documents. If you want to apply for a ration card offline, then you have to visit the state food department office. Collect the application form from the department and fill it carefully. After that, you have to attach all the required documents with the application form and submit it back to food and supply department office. Within a few days, you will have a new ration card with you.
Documents Requires For New Ration Card
If you want to Apply for new ration card, then you must have following documents to apply:
- Residence proof like Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill, Voter ID, etc.
- Identity proof like Voter ID, Pancard, Driving Licence, etc.
- Voter ID.
- Copy of sub-registrar index no. 2.
- Power of attorney letter, if applicable.
- Receipt of Revenue or Mahesul.
- Notarised Succession genealogy.
- Certified copy of the will.
- Copy of probate obtained on bases of Will.
TNPDS Smart Ration Card Details
In this article, we will share all the details related to the new scheme that is TNDPS electronic ration card. The old ration card has been changed into an electronic ration card by the government of India. If you are living in the state of Tamil Nadu and want to apply for the TNPDS digital ration card, then you can apply for it online at www.tndps.com.
TNPDS Smart Ration Card Objective
The main objective of the TNPDS smart ration card is to be delivered groceries at an affordable price. The government of India has launched this scheme, especially for the economically weaker section, so that they can fulfill their daily requirements without any struggle. It is an Aadhar card linking system. The Food Security Department provides groceries through TNPDS.
Required document for TNPDS Smart Ration Card
- Aadhar card.
- Address proof.
- Income certificate.
- Domicile certificate.
- Passport size photograph.
TNPDS Smart Ration Card Benefit
There are many benefits of TNPDS ration card, and some of them are below:
- The applicant can easily add or can remove the name of a family member.
- It provides transparency between the food security department and a citizen of the state.
- TNPDS helps in better coordination between the consumer as well as the government.
- It is effortless to access.
- You can quickly check your TNPDS status online
How to Add family member on TNPDS
If you want to add a new family member, then you have to follow the below procedure for that:
- First of all, you need to go on the official website that is tnpds.gov.in.
- Now, you need to click on the "smart card related services."
- Now, click on the "add member" option.
- Enter your ten digits registered mobile number.
- You will get an OTP on your mobile.
- Now, enter that OTP now.
- Now, you can add your family member's name quickly.
Change of Family Head Member name in TNPDS
If you want to change Family head member in your smart ration card, then you have to follow the below steps:
- You need to go on the official website tnpds.gov.in.
- Click on the "Family head member change" option.
- Now you can change head member name by giving required details on the screen.
- Remove the name of a family member.
- After visiting on the official website that is tnpds.gov.in, you need to click on "remove family member option."
- Click your ten-digit registered mobile number with the captcha, which is visible on the screen.
- Enter OTP immediately, and then you can remove your family member from Aadhar card.
Apply for online TNPDS Smart Ration Card
You can apply for the Tamil Nadu public distribution system ration card online. Apply I ration card online you need to follow the below steps:
- First of all, you need to go to tnpds.gov.in.
- Click on the "apply online" Ration card.
- Now, fill all the required details on the form.
- Upload the required documents.
- Click on the option "submit."
- Now, you can check your ration card status.
TNPDS Smart Card Check Status
After applying online for a smart card, you can check your card status online also. Here are the steps you have to follow:
- First of all, visit the official website of Tamilnadu TNPDS: www.tnpds.gov.in.
- Now Click on "Smart Card Application Status".
- Enter your Application Reference Number.
- Click on Submit.
- It will tell you the status of the TNPDS Smart Ration Card.
Tamilnadu TNPDS Smart Ration Card Helpline Number
If you have any problems related to this Ration card, then you can contact the below helpline number :
1967 (a) 1800-425-5901
Other Government Services: