The West Bengal government has launched the MARREG portal for Marriage Registration. We all know that Indian marriage registration is one of the essential procedures. Citizens are unable to register their marriage due to money problems. We are sharing the West Bengal marriage registration process in this article. We will share the essential procedures of registration in this post.
Marriage registration is one of the essential aspects of marriage in India. We have to register marriage through a particular marriage act or specific act provided by the law's concerned authorities. The govt. of West Bengal has come with a unique scheme known as the West Bengal marriage registration. It is the best way to register your marriage online. You can register your marriage at your home. You do not need to waste your time in the marriage registration office.
About MARREG Portal
The West Bengal recently launched MARREG Portal. This portal helps to register Marriage online. Before that, citizens have to face a lot of issues to register the marriage. They have to go Marriage Registrar office serval time and it takes a lot of time to get a certificate. This portal removes all officials and mediators for a certificate. Now, citizens can apply for a certificate at any time of day.
Marriage Registration Benefit
There are numbers of the interest of marriage registration, and those are:
- Marriage registration is one of the valid proofs of your marriage.
- Registered marriage is more valuable instead of unregistered marriage in court.
- Marriage registration does not cost very high.
If you want to register your marriage in West Bengal registration office, you need to check the eligibility criteria below:
- The age of the groom and bride must above 21 years.
- The married couple can apply for this certificate, and they are living together as husband-wife.
- They should not have more than one spouse in both parties, i.e., the bride and groom
- The couple must have lived for one month in the district before applying for a certificate.
- The couple we are going to apply must belong from West Bengal State.
Required Documents for Marriage certificate in West Bengal
Some of the relevant documents which you need while the application for the West Bengal marriage registration scheme:
- Address proof
- Aadhar card
- Photograph of both bride and groom
- Scan signature of groom and bride
- Birth certificate of both
- Scan copy of invitation card of marriage
MARREG Marriage Registration Fees
If the couple has applied within the two months from the wedding, the application fee is rupees 200. If they ask for marriage registration after the two months of the wedding, they need to pay rupees 400.
|For generating an Application of Registration of Marriage at the Office of the Marriage Officer||100.00|
|For generating an Application of Registration of Marriage outside the Office of the Marriage Officer||300.00|
|To issue of additional marriage certificate||100.00|
MARREG West Bengal Marriage Registration Process
If you are willing to apply for the marriage registration , you have to follow the procedure below:
- Firstly, you have to visit the website of West Bengal Marriage Registrar.
- Here, you can see the link to the "Register Your Marriage" button.
- Click on that button. it takes you to the next page.
- Now, you have to click on the "Click here to Apply" link.
- Next, you have to click on the "Proceed" button.
- Here, you can see the 5 sections.
- Now, you have to enter groom details like name, father name, mother name, date of birth, religion, email, mobile, etc.
- After that, you have to upload the groom's photo. Make sure that photo size is 132 px wide and 170 px height. Max file size is 50kb.
- Next, you have to enter the present and permanent address of the groom.
- Later, you have to select the Marital status.
- After that, you have to upload a soft copy of the address proof, date birth proof, and signature.
- Now, you have to enter bride details like name, father name, mother name, date of birth, religion, email, mobile, etc.
- Later, you have to enter the marriage details like date of marriage, location, etc.
- Now, you have to select the marriage officer from the groom's side or the bride's side.
- You have to enter the captcha code and click on the submit button.
- It takes you to the Marriage Certificate Fee page.
- Now, make the payment of fee and click on the submit button.
- Finally, you have successfully applied for the Marriage certificate in West Bengal.
- You will get the marriage certificate in your display
Note: if the application does not receive any marriage certificate registration, you need to visit the registrar office after applying.