NHAI make compulsory for all vehicles to own a FASTag from December 15. So, HDFC Banks also offer FASTag for vehicles. FASTag is RFID technology and its links with a prepaid account. FASTag helps to make payments through all NHAI Tolls without a cash transaction.
Benefits of HDFC FASTag
National Highways Authority of India introduces FASTag to make a simple process for Toll Payment. Now on tolls, you have to wait in long queues to make Toll Payments. With the help of FASTag, you don’t need to stop on toll to make payment. Here are the more benefits for FASTag:
- Ease of Toll payment.
- No Need to Wait in Long Queue.
- SMS Alert on Toll Payments.
- Easy to recharge using Debit card or Credit card or Online net banking.
- Customers will also get cashback from toll payments.
- Roadside Assitance program.
HDFC FASTag Fee and Charges
if you want to buy HDFC FASTag, then you must know the price break up FASTag. Here is the price breakup of HDFC FASTag first time:
|Tag Joining Fee (One-time Fee)||100/- (including all applicable taxes)|
|Reissuance Fees||100/- ( including all applicable taxes)|
One-time Security Deposit Amount
|NPCI Vehicle Class||Description||Security Deposit (in Rs.)||Threshold Amount (in Rs.)|
|4||Car / Jeep / Van / Tata Ace and Similar mini Light Commercial Vehicle||200||100|
|5||Light Commercial vehicle 2-axle||300||200|
|6||Bus– 3 axle||400||500|
|6||Truck – 3 axle||500||500|
|7||Bus 2 axle / Mini bus, Truck 2 axle||400||500|
|12||Tractor / Tractor with trailer, Truck 4, 5 & 6 -axle||500||500|
|15||Truck 7-axle and above||500||500|
|16||Earth Moving / Heavy Construction Machinery||500||500|
When you recharge your HDFC FASTag then you have to pay the following charges for making an online payment:
|Credit Card||1.10% of the transaction value|
|Debit Card||1% of the transaction value|
|Net Banking||Rs. 8|
How to Buy HDFC FASTag
HDFC bank offer to buy FASTag online to its customer. If you are an existing customer or not. You can buy FASTag from HDFC. you have to follow the below procedure to buy HDFC FASTag:
- First of all, you have to visit the Offical Website of HDFC Bank.
- Click on the Apply Now button.
- Now, It will take you to the next page.
- If you are an existing customer of HDFC bank, then select “Yes”, otherwise select “NO”.
- If you have selected “Yes”, then you have to enter your Customer ID and Click on Send Verification Code.
- Now, you will receive a validation code on your mobile number registered in HDFC Bank.
- Enter that code and click on validate.
- if you are not a customer of HDFC bank, then select from below.
- Now, select between “Commercial vehicle” and “Personal vehicle”.
- After that, if you are an existing customer of HDFC Bank, then your information will show you automatically, otherwise, you have to fill your personal information.
- Now, select State, District, and Branch.
- After that, enter your PAN Number and select Document.
- Now, click on “I agree” and Next.
- Enter Vehicle Registration number and Vehicle Type.
- Click on Next.
- Now you have to upload your Vehicle Registration Copy.
- After uploading a copy, click on Submit.
- Now, you can review your application and make a payment of Rs. 500 free for HDFC FASTag.
- You will get an application number on your mobile.
- In a few days, HDFC bank will send you your Vehicle FASTag on your address.
HDFC FASTag First Time Login
After buying HDFC FASTag, you can login into HDFC FASTag website and can do online recharge your FASTag. Here is the below procedure that you have to follow:
- First of all, visit the official website of HDFC bank.
- if you are a Corporate user then click on “Corporate Login”, otherwise click on “Retail Login”.
- Now, you will see a popup. Click on the “Proceed” button.
- if you are First Time user, then click on the “Click Here” link under the “First Time User?” section.
- Now, Click on the “Continue” button.
- Now, you have to enter “Wallet ID”. if you don’t know your Wallet ID then you look into HDFC FASTag Welcome Kit.
- After that enter the vehicle registration number, Phone and Captcha Code.
- Click on Next Button.
- After that HDFC bank will send you a code on your mobile number. enter that code and click on validate.
- Now, you will see the New Password screen. enter a new password.
- After that, you have to create a minimum of 3 security questions to secure your HDFC login.
- Now, you have created a password for HDFC FASTag Portal.
- Now, go to Home Page and enter Wallet ID or Customer ID or Vehicle Registration Number and Password.
- You will redirect to HDFC FAST Tag Portal.
HDFC FASTag Online Recharge
if you want to recharge your HDFC Wallet to use FASTag, then you have to follow the below procedure for that:
- First of all, visit the official website of HDFC Bank.
- Now, login with your User ID and password.
- On the dashboard, you will see a link of “Recharge”. Click on that.
- Now, you will list of wallet on your screen.
- After that, select the wallet to recharge online.
- you will see the above screen.
- Now, enter the recharge amount and click on the “Recharge now” button.
- you will list of payment gateway available.
- Select One of them and make payment.
- This way you can recharge your HDFC Wallet online easily.