The main aim of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Gramin Yojana or PMAYG is to provide the house to all the people who have kaccha houses or the people who do not have any house by the year 2022. Initially, this Yojana was only for the economically weaker as well as lower-income groups but later on, the middle-income groups were also added under this scheme.
Key Features of Pradhan Mantri Awas Gramin Yojana (PMAYG)
- The minimum size of the house should be 20 sq. mt. to 25 sq. mt. including the area for hygienic cooking.
- Increasing of the units from the amount of Rs 70000 to Rs 1.20 lakh in the plains area and from the 75,000 to Rs 1.30 lakh in those of hilly areas as well as in difficult areas.
- The cost of houses in the plain areas with the shared between central and state governments in the ration of 60:40 and for northern eastern areas or hilly areas, the ratio is 90:10.
- Rs 12000 will be given for the making of toilets in every house.
- The beneficiary of this scheme can take a loan up to Rs 70000.
PMAYG or Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Apply Online or Beneficiary Registration
Time needed: 30 minutes.
If you want to Pradhan Mantri Awas Gramin Yojana or PMAYG, then you have to follow the below procedure for that:
- First of all, you need to visit the official PM Awas Gramin website.
You have to visit the Pradhan Mantri Awas Portal. Now, you need to click on the "Apply Now" button. It takes you to the next page.
- Now, you have to add beneficiary details.
To add beneficiary registration details concern panchayat and social category of a beneficiary have to select as shown in the picture below. On this selection, an auto-generated “search” button will appear for displaying the list of the respective households.
- Now, you have to add Beneficiary Bank Account details.
In this section, you have to enter Bank Type, Bank Name, Branch Name, Bank Account Number, and Beneficiary Name as per bank account. After that, you have to mention whether the beneficiary wants to avail of the loan. The Loan Amount is between Rs.10000 to Rs.70000.
- This section of beneficiary registration requires the MGNREGA and SBM
Now, you have to enter Beneficiary MGNREGA Job Card Number and SBM(Swachh Bharat Mission) Number.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Gramin Yojana Check Beneficiary List
To check your name in PMAYG Beneficiary list. Following steps you need to follow:
- Visit official website : PMAYG Beneficiary
- Now you have to enter your registration no. it will tell you whether you are in list or not